Senior Data Engineer
Zocdoc · New York, NY
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting September 13 until the end of the year, our hybrid model will consist of two encouraged in-office days (Wednesday & Thursday); there will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission:
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer (SDE) to join our data team! At Zocdoc you’ll balance individual contribution with mentorship, and drive some of our most exciting and complex projects. As a Senior Data Engineer, you’ll help us build infrastructure for collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing huge sets of data in batch and streaming pipelines. You will work with the Product Engineering, Marketing, and Sales teams to model data and build ETL. You will be an influential contributor to the design and implementation of data flows and tools necessary to make key strategic decisions, and power machine learning and personalization within the product.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about data and how it can tell an intricate story
- A product-driven engineer
- Excited about using data to make strategic business decisions
- Motivated by working with the latest technologies
- Excited to lead projects and be a mentor for other engineers
Your day to day is…
- Being an influential contributor working on scaling and enhancing our near-real-time analytics platform
- Writing and maintaining data pipelines
- Communicating and collaborating with partner teams across the company to assess data needs and prioritize accordingly. Be proactive about driving data collection and storage best practices
- Providing thought leadership and executing on architecture and infrastructure
- Building data tooling to enable data lake, data warehouse, and analytics workflows within the AWS cloud
- Driving adoption of data tools. Giving tech talks and demos on the newest capabilities and enhancements to the system
- Consulting on data security, design, and scalability to product engineering teams
- Working closely with the Data Science and Business Intelligence teams to develop data models and pipelines for research, reporting, and machine learning
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Passion for technology and the ability to think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of software is unparalleled
- Successfully mentored other engineers in the past and encouraged your peers to use software development best practices for code testing and deployment
- 5+ years engineering experience, 2+ years working with data in the cloud, ideally using AWS
- Expertise in one or more of the following languages and functional programming in general: Python, Scala
- Experience in SQL and maintaining data warehouse.
- Experience building large-scale batch and micro-batch data pipelines; ETL design, implementation, and maintenance
- Experience with schema design and data modeling, and analytical skills to QA data and identify gaps and inconsistencies
- Experience supporting Machine Learning or Business Intelligence teams and products
- A Computer Science or related degree required
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Competitive parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when in office)
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.