Skylight · San Francisco, CA/Remote
Skylight is at the forefront of a civic movement to reinvent how the government serves the public in a digital world.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our talented team of technologists in driving this movement forward.
You’ll be a key part of our small, but rapidly growing team, which consists of former Presidential Innovation Fellows, founders of 18F, and members of the U.S. Digital Service.
We work in small, fast, agile teams to create exceptional customer experiences and enduring solutions out of the government’s most complex design and technology challenges. The work is challenging, but highly rewarding.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a cross-functional team of researchers, designers, engineers, and subject matter experts to build and ship high-impact products and services
- Translate needs from users and government partners into a product strategy, including vision, objectives, measures of success, product roadmap, and product backlog
- Manage the direction, scope, and priorities of the product initiative, building from user research to minimum viable products to scalable solutions
- Proactively socialize, iterate on, and build buy-in for the product with the team and government partners
- Draw on data and feedback to inform the product strategy
- Work in close partnership with government teams to transfer skills and product knowledge throughout the course of the project
- Creatively navigate bureaucratic challenges, paving the way for more intuitive processes in the future
- Collaborate with government partners to ensure compatibility with existing processes and technologies
What we’re looking for:
- Experience shipping products in an agile environment
- Passion for creating simple, elegant user experiences
- Deep understanding of modern practices such as user research, user experience design, and lean-agile engineering
- Demonstrated track record of execution and entrepreneurial thinking
- Communicates easily with engineers, and can comprehend and make decisions on possible trade-offs based on technical choices
- Previous experience with building or managing commercial or enterprise-level products is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Relationship builder who enjoys working with a variety of people and functions. You should be able to listen, ask questions to discern the true nature of problems, and synthesize needs (from internal and external stakeholders) into an actionable product strategy.
- Extensive experience using analytical and creative thinking to solve problems
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Empathetic, collaborative, and able to adapt in the face of constraints
- A mindset and work approach that aligns with our core values
- Ability to travel from time to time (when it's safe)
We focus on supporting you in a variety of ways:
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Dependent care FSA, healthcare FSA, health savings account
- Dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match up to 10% of your salary
- Flexible paid-time-off policy (minimum of 29 days), which covers any type of leave (such as holiday, sick, and vacation) that you need or want to take
- Minimum of 9 weeks paid time off for all eligible new birth, adoption, or foster parents
- Performance rewards, including annual salary increase, annual performance bonus, spot bonuses, and stock options
- Business development / sales bonuses
- Referral bonuses
- Annual $2,000 allowance for professional development
- Annual $750 allowance for tech-related purchases
- Annual swag budget of $50 to display your Skylight pride with some merchandise (hoodies, hats, and more)
- Dollar-for-dollar charity donation matching, up to $500 per year
- Access up to $1,000 before payday to cover emergency expenses
- Remote-friendly work environment
- An environment that empowers you to unleash your superpowers for public good
We participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
We're an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.