Neon One · Remote (USA)
Neon One is hiring a DevOps Engineer for our exciting and fast growing software company that is focused on delivering best-in-class technology solutions to nonprofit organizations.
A DevOps Engineer is responsible for the overall well-being of Neon One applications and infrastructure. This requires building a comprehensive understanding of the technologies implemented by each product and driving innovation and improvements. This purview spans many disciplines; they may work with engineering teams to modernize legacy systems, participate in product roadmapping to solve complex architecture problems, or recommend policy changes to improve our risk management posture.
This role works with the product development and product management teams to architect new systems and modernize existing systems with an eye towards contemporary best practices. They will participate in project planning and drive decisions about how systems should be built or refactored. With several major projects and refactors currently in motion, we anticipate a lot of attention required in this area.
This role ensures the security, performance, and availability of Neon One applications. They are empowered to prioritize enhancements to products that improve our security posture, increase availability, and speed up performance. They should establish benchmarks in each of these areas and drive improvement.
- The experience and drive to bring meaningful improvements to a technology organization...
- ...and the flexibility and collaborative mindset to execute on those ideas successfully.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software development and/or DevOps
- Experience architecting solutions using cloud-native technologies in AWS or Microsoft Azure
- AWS professional certifications desirable
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Linux and/or Microsoft server administration
- Experience with PHP, Java, and/or C# desirable
- Experience with SOC/PCI compliance audits
- Evening and weekend availability
- Design and implement modern application architectures for products using cloud-native technologies
- Implement product integration strategies (between Neon One products)
- Establish and iterate on internal benchmarks for performance, uptime, and availability
- Administrate cloud hosting accounts and manage overall access and security controls
- Continually assess security posture and implement improvements
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce costs
- Participate in the product roadmapping process to allocate resources for infrastructure projects
- Coordinate efforts around annual compliance audits
- Manage incident response policies and procedures
Who are we?
Neon One is a mission-driven software company, working to empower nonprofit organizations with best-in-class technology solutions. Our software platforms have helped organizations raise more than $13 billion - and we’re just getting started. We care about the 35,000 nonprofits we serve and the people who run them, and we're constantly learning and growing. We’re proudly nerdy, know how to have fun, and - most of all - we like to get things done on behalf of our clients.
Why work for us?
We're growing rapidly. As a DevOps Engineer on our product development team, you'll navigate challenging assignments, have access to professional development conferences and industry thought leaders, and grow in your career. Best of all, you'll get to work with a great group of people that thrives on innovation, collaboration, creativity, and risk-taking.
...what about benefits? We offer a comprehensive healthcare benefits package -- which includes Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Life and Disability products, FSA medical, dependent care, mass transit and HSA accounts. We recognize the importance of work-life balance and offer flexible time off. We also provide a 3% company match for 401k.
Be Extraordinary. Be Yourself.
We embrace the distinctive qualities of all members of our community to foster an environment where everyone is conscientious of different experiences each of us brings to the table. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion are crucial to our capacity for innovation and success. We grow together when we create a diverse workforce where everyone is compensated fairly according to their experience and the demands of their position. We seek to create a culture where our team feels safe, respected and free.