Full Stack Engineer
Petco Love · Charlotte, NC/Remote (USA)
About the job
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Since 1999, the Petco Foundation has supported animal welfare organizations across the country to help find lifelong, loving homes for millions of animals, as well as fund spay and neuter and other efforts. The Petco Foundation's mission is to raise the quality of life for pets and people who love and need them. The Petco Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation) that supports other IRS (Internal Revenue Service) designated non-profit pet related groups as well as municipal/governmental agencies and other organizations supporting animal causes. The Petco Foundation has provided over $260 million to assist companion animals across the country. The Petco Foundation is funded through donations raised during seasonal fundraisers conducted in Petco's 1,500 stores in all 50 United States, as well as from Petco associates, vendors and corporate contributions.
We are seeking a highly skilled Full Stack Developer III with full stack web developer skills, fluency in a variety of programming languages, databases, and front-end programming to actively execute development and maintenance of applications and microservices supporting online and digital commerce initiatives.
Essentials Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Conduct technical programming in support of project initiatives.
- Apply and execute microservice, API and integration development best practices while adhering to team and industry coding standards, and corporate policies.
- Analyze and support development of specifications, considering feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities required for services.
- Support the creation and curation of documentation and repositories to describe program development, logic, coding, and versioning, including standards for PCI and SOX compliance.
- Design and implement microservices, databases, and APIs based on team conceptualization and service-oriented architecture.
- Work with web administrator, programmers, project managers, external partners, and business owners to make creative, effective solutions.
- Test and deploy from development to production environments.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years working with Python.
- Understanding and ability to execute software development supporting web applications.
- 3+ years experience with Python web frameworks Django, Flask, Turbo Gears, Web2py.
- 3+ years working with open-source relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience with search tools such as Solr and Elasticsearch.
- Experience working in a Linux environment (ubuntu preferred).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to accurately estimate work efforts.
- Experience delivering quality, completed deliverables with well-factored, maintainable code.
- Experience with VCS (git, hg or svn).
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.