Director, Product Operations
Spring Health · New York, NY/Remote (USA)
Health & Well-BeingPosted 3 months ago
About Spring Health
Our mission is to help individuals and organizations thrive by eliminating every barrier to mental health.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry, and have raised over $100M to date from prominent VCs including Tiger Global, Northzone, Rethink, Work-Bench, RRE, and General Catalyst.
Spring Health is looking for a Director of Product Operations to build a foundation for excellence by reinforcing product strategy with metrics, infrastructure, business processes, best practices, budgeting, and reporting. This person will measure the product development process and implement the necessary changes to make it more effective. They will also manage the plethora of vendors used by the Product team and work to establish best practices and processes for the use of those tools within the Product organization. In other words, this role will support the Product team and help build better products.
What You’ll Do
- Implement a Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) that meets the requirements of the business at a strategic and tactical level. Includes strategic and tactical components, defined processes, cyclical timelines, role definitions, key deliverables, performance metrics, staffing model, etc.
- Ensure and measure adherence to the SDLC across the Product organization
- Establish a culture of best practices, tools, templates, and forums to set up, monitor, track, and execute various programs and initiatives
- Maintain and publish a quarterly Product Organization scorecard to track progress against strategic KPIs
- Oversee the maintenance and publishing of sprint-level scorecards to measure progress against sprint-level KPIs
- Diagnose root cause of problems via formal Root Cause Analysis methodologies
- Oversee the quarterly project resourcing process, and ensure adherence to defined staffing models
- Maintain key business templates in conjunction with cross-functional managers and leads
- Interact with cross-organizational department heads to ensure their needs are being met and the Product Organization enables their success
- On-board new Product employees to processes and standards
- Contribute to bi-annual process audits
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum 5 years relevant project and program management experience in a software development environment
- Minimum 5 years experience working with agile, with at least 1 year in the role of ScrumMaster
- 5-8 years experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner
- In-depth knowledge of product, project, & program management methodologies, tools, & techniques
- Expert knowledge of agile methodologies
- Ability to manage resources through influence as opposed to authority
- Solid leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Solid ability to collaborate with individual contributors and business leaders to define business process issues, analyze operational efficiencies, implement creative solutions, and measure delivery results
- Strong conviction in the role of program management and willingness to take on challenges
- Strong and demonstrable project management skills, including influencing, communications and tracking skills, and planning and organization
- Solid understanding of corporate environment and business metrics, with ability to propose solutions for their achievement
- Experience working in healthcare and consumer technology
- Experience creating and optimizing an experimentation culture
- Experience laying the foundation for a successful, data-driven team of product managers
What We Offer?
- A chance to help millions of people live healthier, longer, and happier lives
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly with thousands engaged patients
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive compensation plan: including equity in the company: we want you to own a piece of what you’re building
- Comprehensive benefits: we offer health, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible vacation plan: our open vacation-policy allows you to take the time off you need when you need it
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Spring Health will not hire any applicants who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa, H-1 visa, or STEM OPT extension.
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.