Senior Software Engineer
PowerSchool · Remote (USA)
About the job
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead a software development project and manage software development from inception to delivery
- Be both a highly technical hands-on coder and effective at mentorship
- Coach and mentor team members for skill development and experience
- Establish goals and objectives for the team that aligns with the overall roadmap and delivery schedules
- Works to increase team efficiency and effectiveness in order to achieve long term goals
- Participates in hiring of new team members
- Performs any HR related tasks
- Analyze performance and develop improvements to performance of web application.
- Perform upgrades to 3rd party libraries and tools used by the web application
- Implement new web application software features and products following best practices such as authoring of unit tests, writing maintainable code, applying established patterns and algorithms
- Specialize in client or server side web application development as a member of a project team. Preference for familiarity with the full technical stack.
- Develop software to support internal initiatives, tools, update framework and application functionality
- Work as part of an Agile SCRUM team in the planning, scoping, estimation and execution of technical solutions
- Work within a wide range of new and legacy code and technologies in a mature codebase
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years for experience in developing highly scalable, reliable, secure web applications
- Experience or willingness with developing serverless architecture
- Experience designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience testing software in alignment with the Test Pyramid
- Experience owning the responsibility for delivering frontend and backend work as well as coordinating with QA, Design, and PM
- Willingness to accept responsibility not only for your own work but the work of the team as a whole
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-friendly environment.
- One year of experience using AWS services, such as Lambda, SES, SQS, EC2, RDS, ELB’s and have knowledge of VPC’s (AWS and/or RightScale knowledge a plus.
- 1years of experience in product or SaaS development.
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks.