Data Engineer - Healthtech Startup
CancerIQ · Chicago, IL
CancerIQ’s technology makes it possible for providers to recognize and empower patients who have increased risk for cancer at scale. Offering patients cancer risk assessment, genetic counseling and genetic testing is the right thing to do, but most hospitals (cancer centers, breast centers and women’s health providers) simply don’t have the time or the resources to do it. CancerIQ’s unique technology enables providers to screen, assess and manage entire patient populations based on individual genetic risks. That means they can prevent deadly, early-onset cancers.
Providers who partner with CancerIQ can also improve quality of care and staff satisfaction, increase revenues and efficiencies, address social determinants of health, meet guidelines/requirements, and enhance customer loyalty.
CancerIQ is seeking a Data Engineer with a mission to create a data pipeline that allows our data to be flexible and reliable in efficient ways to gain clinical insights in the cancer prevention and genetics space. The Data Engineer position will have the unique opportunity of working independently to understand and monitor data performance and identify areas of improvement both internally and for clients.
- Architect and automate our team’s data infrastructure and pipelines including finding appropriate data sources, filtering, post-processing, de-duplicating and versioning
- Design and develop data structures that support downstream analysis and other strategies that optimize data operational efficiency and quality
- Design and develop sustainable, ETL processes using SQL by strategizing how to store, process and load highly confidential data efficiently, and how we can gain insights from this data
- Write well-tested, production ready code in Python and/or SQL before shipping
- Define, design and build data testing and quality frameworks
- Improve the efficiency, reliability and latency of our data system
- Create processes to identify, prioritize and illustrate data quality issues and remediation efforts
- Help ensure data quality and meet data delivery SLAs
- Designing, building, and managing the reporting environment, including data sources, processes, security, and metadata including troubleshooting
- Processing confidential data and information according to compliance guidelines
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and provide ongoing reports and future projects
- Lead additional data projects such as import / export of additional data sets and data sources
- Acquiring data from other primary or secondary data sources and integrating into existing data architecture
- Work with senior leaders to prioritize business and information needs to understand their data and evaluation needs to develop tools that make it easy for individuals to consume data
- Stay up-to-date with high-potential new technologies and can evaluate and present to the team for CancerIQ’s use case
- 3+ experience in Healthcare Technology space preferred
- Is exceptional at taking ownership when solving problems in an independent manner
- Technical expertise regarding data models and database design development
- Very experienced in Python and SQL
- Strong experience writing queries and automating a data pipeline process
- You enjoy iterating quickly and building tools that are easy to use and extensible
- You thrive in a fast-paced research environment where solutions are ambiguous and require creative problem solving and autonomy
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Is passionate about preventing cancer and CancerIQ’s mission to improve healthcare through technology
- Competitive pay and benefits (health insurance, travel subsidies, discount programs)
- Passionate, high-energy culture. Surrounding yourself with people that are excited to get stuff done and make an impact is motivating.
- Building things to save lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Note: At CancerIQ, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long-term goal is for CancerIQ employees to return to our Chicago office, however working remotely will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.
CancerIQ requires you are authorized to work in the U.S. as a precondition of employment. We are unable to grant sponsorships at this time.