DevOps Engineer - HealthTech Startup
CancerIQ · Chicago, IL
"The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads … That sucks."
Are you obsessed with software technology? How about saving lives? Yes? Read on.
In the high cost world of oncology, trial and error treatment is still the norm despite enormous advances in genomic medicine. Patients are given one-size-fits-all treatments that lead to poor outcomes.
CancerIQ is building intelligent analytical technologies aimed to optimize cancer risk prediction, prevention, and treatment. We do this by providing care providers with workflow tools built upon informed decision engines and data-driven classification models. Our mission strives to engage and educate patients, and guide them through the complex, convoluted, and intimidating journey of cancer prevention.
How do you fit in?
As CancerIQ's first dedicated DevOps Engineer, you'll be supporting and improving our cloud-based service-oriented architecture. You'll also be helping to refine our continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
Security is a top priority at CancerIQ. We're in the healthcare industry, and we store and transmit a variety of sensitive data. You'll help us build out our security monitoring and protection systems. You'll also work to ensure our infrastructure complies with the necessary legal standards, like HIPAA, and security frameworks such as HITRUST, NIST, and SOC2. Our compliance team will rely on your assistance to implement our policies.
Education and growth are our core tenets. We believe that if you aren't passionate about these values, then we're not your best fit. We are looking for engineers that want to contribute to a learning culture and join a team that teaches one another; we want you to share your knowledge and expertise in security and DevOps with the rest of the team. As such, you're a clear communicator and should be able to work with team members effectively.
What you'll work on
- Collaborate closely with the Engineering and Product teams to continually implement, maintain, and improve infrastructure management, tooling, and automation
- Assist in designing, implementing, and monitoring of CI/CD pipelines
- Create tool sets to deploy, measure, solidify and observe our infrastructure, including configuring log ingestion and error reporting
- Develop and extend infrastructure-as-code to use new cloud features
- Properly configure VPCs, firewalls, load balancers, storage buckets, CDNs, databases, and other cloud service technologies
What we're looking for
- 3+ years experience in managing SaaS infrastructures
- Expertise in container orchestration and networking technologies
- Expertise in creating, hardening and maintaining secure containers
- Experience managing and securing cloud infrastructure services
- Fluent in at least one or more scripting languages such as Ruby, Python, bash, etc.
- Significant experience in continuous delivery, automation scripting, and infrastructure-as-code tools such as Ansible, Terraform or Pulumi
- Experience with CI/CD systems
- Strong understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS, DDoS detection/prevention, and network and host anomaly detection through both automated (NIDS/HIDS) and manual means
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with cross-functional teams
We like to see
- Experience in healthcare technology or another similar high compliance industry
- Experience certifying infrastructure for HITRUST or a compliance reporting framework such as SOC2
Note: If this job interests you, but you aren't sure if you meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway!
- Competitive pay and benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, HSA/FSA, EAP)
- Travel & gym membership subsidies, commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Passionate, high-energy culture with a team of people that are excited to get stuff done and make an impact
- Building things to save lives
CancerIQ building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to cultivate a fast-paced, collaborative, laid back, rewarding space to work.
Note: At CancerIQ, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long-term goal is for CancerIQ employees to return to our Chicago office likely with a hybrid on site/remote model, however working remotely full-time will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
CancerIQ requires you are authorized to work in the U.S. as a precondition of employment. We are unable to grant sponsorships at this time.