Associate Data Engineer
MIssionWired · Washington, DC / Remote Flexible
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
You will be responsible for:
- Joining each and every one of your colleagues in creating an inclusive workspace;
- Building data-intensive applications to extract, transform, and load massive data sets from a variety of internal, external, and public data sources;
- Assembling large and complex data sets that meet project needs;
- Developing processes for data mining, data modeling, and data production;
- Using an array of technological languages and tools to connect systems;
- Working toward constantly improving data reliability and quality;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to support their data infrastructure needs.
- Experience with one or more key data analytics tools: (Pandas, PySpark)
- Experience extracting data from public APIs;
- Ability to learn how to build and optimize data pipelines, architectures, and data sets;
- Experience with SQL;
- Attention to detail;
- Intellectual curiosity to innovate on ways to solve data management issues;
- Passion, energy, and excitement for progressive and philanthropic causes and all things digital.
- 1-3 years of professional experience;
- Experience building data-intensive applications that collect data from diverse sources in the service of creating high-performance algorithms and predictive models;
- Experience with deep-learning models;
- Experience managing data warehouses and/or data lakes;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.