ITHAKA · Ann Arbor, MI
ITHAKA is a not-for-profit with a mission to improve access to knowledge and education for people around the world. We believe education is key to the well-being of individuals and society, and we work to make it more effective and affordable.
We are seeking a Data Analyst to join our Data & Analytics team, a highly specialized group responsible for organizational wide analytics that support the work of our services (Artstor, Ithaka S+R, JSTOR, Portico) and the millions of users from around the world who engage them. At ITHAKA, evidence is one of our core values and we use it as a source for continuous learning and improvement.
Along with your team, you will report to the Manager of Data Intelligence. You will work with other analysts, engineers, and developers to generate reports and produce analysis.
- Collaborate, build analysis, build dashboards.
- Must work with stakeholders to assess needs, form questions, and push outcomes beyond data delivery.
- Proactively assess changes, patterns, and trends in a variety of data sources.
- Train other departments to interpret and make effective use of reports, data sources, and dashboards.
- Support organizational objectives, key performance indicators (KPIs), and strategic decisions using data.
- Tell compelling stories with data by delivering presentations to groups and to individuals
Experience and Skills
- Understand the business and higher education.
- Strong proficiency in SQL supplemented by familiarity with R, Python, or a similar language
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Databricks, Tableau or equivalents
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. VBA a plus
- Can communicate findings and limitations of data sets to a range of audiences
- Detail orientated with the ability to assess the integrity of a data set.
- Works as a team member but also a self-starter. Participates in team projects and shares ideas. Constant desire to learn and improve skills.
- Translates complex analysis into clear, actionable solutions
- Experience with data engineering and data governance is a plus.
Work for ITHAKA
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust.
Our team is passionate about our mission and supporting one another. We enjoy working together to create opportunities for people to learn and grow out in the world, and we bring that same commitment to helping our teammates develop in our careers and our lives. One of our core values is belonging. We embrace differences and believe that the things that make each of us unique are the things that help us see new insights and build better solutions.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Interested candidates can submit their resume, a detailed cover letter, and salary requirements.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law.