Senior UX Designer
One Drop · New York, NY
Design + UX
Health & Well-BeingPosted 3 months ago
User Experience Design (UX)
We're seeking a passionate and thoughtful Senior UX Designer to work within our growing NYC User Experience team in a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization. The ideal candidate will have experience designing engaging consumer mobile and web experiences and be comfortable working in a fast-moving startup environment. Our product team plays a crucial role in the growth of One Drop as we partner with engineering, marketing, operations, and other teams to create self-care health products. We incorporate user research, design thinking, and user-centered design in our product design process. The team is growing quickly and each member will greatly shape the future of One Drop. You will have the opportunity to both learn from existing members and mentor your future colleagues.
You'll make an impact by:
- Participating in user research initiatives and employing design thinking methodologies to drive UX strategy and create human-centered solutions
- Participating in collaborative team workshops to explore and define product vision that balances customer needs with business goals, market viability, and technical feasibility
- Designing solutions related to digital onboarding, data logging and visualization or advanced content finding experiences.
- Creating high-quality design deliverables including concepts, user journeys, wireframes, user flows, visual design comps, style guides, clickable prototypes, etc.
- Partnering closely with Product, Engineering, Data Science and other stakeholders to implement and evolve the One Drop experience
- Establishing design best practices and processes for internal adoption
- 4 - 6 years of experience with user experience and interface design, preferably on consumer-facing web but predominantly mobile experiences
- Systems thinking with the ability to flex between a strategic and tactical mindset, e.g. from crafting UX vision to executing on details
- A strong design aesthetic, strong attention to detail, and pixel perfect output
- Expertise with digital product design tools (we’re currently a Figma shop)
- Excellent communication skills
- An enthusiastic and optimistic attitude
- Open and collaborative spirit
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize workload
- Self-starter mentality — comfortable navigating ambiguity and communicating design decisions and tradeoffs visually and verbally
- A portfolio with examples of recent work including a project where you fully owned the conceptualization and delivery of the design solutions
- Designing experiences related to digital onboarding or data logging
- Experience crafting and running unmoderated usability tests (Usertesting.com, Userlytics, etc.)
- Health tech experience
One Drop is the future of healthcare. Our mission is to develop technology that ensures all people living with diabetes and other chronic conditions can thrive. We harness the power of data science and mobile computing to make healthcare more affordable, accessible, and effective.
Our clinically proven mobile platform combines AI-powered predictive insights, personalized health coaching, and FDA-approved connected devices to simplify self-care. And it works. People using the One Drop platform have seen significant improvements in their health in just a few weeks.
Today, the rate of people living with chronic conditions is increasing dramatically, and traditional approaches to healthcare cannot possibly scale to reach them all. We exist to serve those people and help them lead their best lives. www.onedrop.today
At One Drop, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. One Drop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
To all recruitment agencies: One Drop does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or One Drop employees. One Drop is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.