Sr. Director of Product Management
Syapse · Remote (USA)
Syapse is a real-world evidence company on a mission to improve outcomes for all cancer patients. By integrating complete, longitudinal, and continuously updated real-world patient data, we can provide unique insights into patients’ care journeys. Our advantage derives from a decade of partnership with the world’s largest Learning Health Network of innovation-driven healthcare systems.
Syapse enables providers to operationalize precision medicine and deliver the best care today to their patients while helping life sciences companies and regulators accelerate the development and approval of new therapies for patients tomorrow. Together we are working toward a future in which all cancer patients have access to the best precision care.
About the role
The future is now. After a decade of Oncology care specialization, Syapse believes the time is right to chart a course that expands our reach beyond cancer to bring our transformative approach to improving care in new disease areas. In this role you will shape an entirely new business line with the potential to transform the company. You will work closely with the Vice President of Product Development, Chief Data & Product Officer, and Syapse Executive team along with a small dedicated team and eager customers to research and develop offerings in brand new therapeutic areas. You will work with customers at leading hospitals, Syapse subject matter experts, Key Opinion Leaders, engineers, and data scientists to develop compelling offerings and a commercial strategy as you take Syapse Beyond Oncology.
What You’ll Accomplish
With an entrepreneurial spirit you’ll shape an entirely new business line by defining how Syapse can leverage our core competencies to bring value to a new set of individuals with the backing, marketing validation, and resources of our Learning Health Network and world class team. You will partner with the Syapse organizations broadly, especially with the Commercial team on business development strategies for this new business line.
In your first year you will:
- Engage customers and drive excitement for the future with initial rapid prototypes
- Form and clearly articulate the strategy, required investment, and business plan for driving commercial success as we move from R&D to full productization.
- Generate immediate impact by developing and publishing novel insights through observational research in partnership with Syapse Health Systems partners and deliver the work at conferences and in publications"
What you bring to the table
- Deep understanding of healthcare, health systems, and the various personas present in the healthcare space
- Exceptional executive communicator with a strong leadership history
- Experience building greenfield. Your demonstrated track record of maturing products from ideation through commercialization is unquestioned with at least 10 years of product management experience, 3 in a leadership position, and 2 years managing an entire business line with associated P&L.
- Strong ability to lead from the side by aligning and influencing different business units whose priorities and activities aren’t always in your direct control
- You see the early ambiguity of the ideation process as an opportunity to be seized, not a challenge to be manage
Meet the team: https://medium.com/syapse
A Note on Location:
Syapse is a Remote-First company. What does that mean? Simply, we hire team members anywhere regulations allow and assume everyone will work from home full time. Unless expressly stated otherwise, Syapse hires need to be located and perform their job in the United States and entirely outside the State of Colorado. Some folks travel, some may eventually gather in person in areas where we have a critical mass of employees, and of course we’re excited to get together as departments and as a whole company throughout the year in person. But you, and the rest of Team Syapse, will mostly work from home.
Syapse is a globally dispersed, technology-enabled insights company conducting all interviews via phone or video chat. Typically an interview process starts with a call with a recruiter, then a team member or hiring manager one on one, followed by a series of 3-4 interviews with team members and stakeholders. We’re committed to providing you the best possible interview experience and opportunities to spend meaningful time getting to know our company, mission, and wonderful teammates. We appreciate your help in achieving this outcome and welcome your feedback and requests on how we can make this a reality for yourself & future candidates.
Have a quick question about the role? Email [email protected] or simply apply here.