Ascension Healthcare · St Louis, MO/Chicago, IL/Austin, TX
About the job
We Are Hiring
Location: St louis MO, Chicago IL, Austin TX
What You Will Do
As a Scrum Master with Ascension Technologies, you will serve multiple Agile Scrum teams to support the creation of our robust suite of cloud-native enterprise applications in the rapidly growing healthcare software industry. You will apply Agile principles to support the development teams with a focus on operational excellence and continuous improvement.
With more than 4,000 associates, Ascension Technologies enables access to data across applications, transforming how clinicians and patients interact with technology, which enhances our ability to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. Our associates leverage technology to create collaborative solutions that improve health decisions every day. We believe you should be a tech founder not a fixer - that’s how we do tech at Ascension technologies. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words, and we are developing software solutions to support that mission.
- Serve as the Scrum Master for multiple development teams who are creating cloud-native microservice-based solutions on GCP
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies e.g. daily standups, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint demos/retrospectives
- Collect and present metrics in various formats for different audiences
- Make use of data to create actionable plans for optimization, improvements
- Serve as a mentor and coach on Agile theory, principles, and best practices
- Remove obstacles and roadblocks in order to maintain the development flow
- Be a source of inspiration and foster a culture of collaboration and teamwork
- Maintain a safe environment, where everyone feels respected, empowered, and free to express their constructive thoughts and feelingsEnsure testing is collaboratively planned, fully defined with test resources and approved
- Lead team in production release planning and prep, including vendor resources
- Monitor vendor activities and time tracking to ensure compliance with Sprint expectations and and standards
- Maintain an attitude of commitment and exhibit responsibility for the needs of internal team, vendors and external customers
- A/B.S degree or equivalent experience
- Scrum Master Certification
- 5+ years of experience playing the role of Scrum Master on a team
- Strong knowledge of standard Agile metrics and KPI’s
- Expertise with Atlassian JIRA; managing backlogs and sprint boards, creating meaningful dashboards, collecting metrics
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
For Further Information Regarding Your EEO Rights, Click On The Following Link To The “EEO Is The Law” Poster
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.