Senior Staff Engineer
GoFundMe · San Diego, CA
Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $15 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
GoFundMe is looking to build out our Engineering Team across multiple platforms! We are searching for passionate Staff Engineers interested in changing the lives of millions of people for the better and having a real impact on our products' users!
Types of projects we work on:
The Internal Tools team supports and empowers other GoFundMe employees to do their best work. We solve problems of efficiency, scaling processes, and effective decision making for roles across the company.
Product Engineering team responsible for building and driving forward GoFundMe’s software infrastructure around Authentication, Identity Management, and Communication (including email, SMS, notifications, and sharing).
- Rapidly iterate on product and platform features by writing reliable and readable code with an emphasis on scalability
- Architect, design and implement systems
- Be involved in all stages of development, from design through implementation and testing
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Ensure technical issues are quickly resolved and implement strategies/solutions to help reduce the likelihood of recurrence
- Identify opportunities for innovation and provide an assessment of obstacles and technical hurdles
- Interface directly with internal clients to understand their humans needs as well as the technical requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- 10+ years of full-stack engineering experience
- Experience with Neo4j or Kafka
- Solid experience with one or more dynamic languages such as Python, PHP, or Ruby
- Solid experience with a strongly typed, compiled language such as Java, Kotlin, C++
- Know your way around a SQL query
- Strong communication skills, including written documentation
- Work collaboratively with a highly engaged team
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.