SVP, Product & Technology
Catchafire · New York, NY/Remote (USA)
Catchafire is a full service, on-demand solution designed to address the wide-ranging and complex needs of nonprofits by connecting them with talented pro bono professionals. We partner with major funders (read more here) to provide unlimited access to Catchafire to tens of thousands of nonprofits ready to invest in the growth of their organizations and the impact of their service.
Our mission is simple: catalyze positive social change by building a stronger nonprofit sector fueled by talent abundance. Here are some ways to get to know us better:
- Read our 2019 Impact Report
- Review our last 10 years of impact
- See how our nonprofits have been serving their communities through COVID-19
- Get to know some of our Nonprofits more deeply
- See more of what we do through our webinar series
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a mission driven technology enthusiast looking to leverage your skills to generate massive social impact? Catchafire is looking for a senior leader to run the operations, people management and strategic direction of our Platform function - a team of technologists, designers, product managers and data analysts responsible for our core digital product Catchafire.org. It's an exciting time for CAF as we build out partnerships across the globe and grow our marketplace 2x year over year.
Our dream candidate is curious and hungry, has a user-first disposition and a strong point-of-view on the future of technology. Ideally this person brings with them a wealth of learned experience leading multidisciplinary teams who have collaborated deeply within businesses to drive growth of both revenue and impact with their customers.
- Design and drive the strategic vision of our core Catchafire.org marketplace
- Lead our functional leaders across product management, quality assurance, user experience, engineering & analytics.
- Foster an inclusive product culture by facilitating information sharing and inputs from customers, users and across the organization as we evolve the product offering together
- Support the scaling of our revenue focused teams through the user of systems and technology as we grow our customer base year over year
- As a member of the senior leadership team, collaborate with our CEO and executive departmental leads to drive strategic decision-making and foster a strong values-driven company culture
- Holistic technology POV & strong vision: You are a well-rounded technology leader with experience across all key competencies - engineering, UX, product, data - and can blend them into a powerful point of view as a business leader. You understand what it's like to own a P&L and support a dynamic business. Your finger is on the pulse of the best-in-class technologies and products. You have a vision for how technology can shift the social sector.
- Deep lived experience in people management & mentorship: You believe people management is a privilege and take pride in building strong, empowered teams composed of diverse individuals who work creatively and autonomously to drive towards company mission. You have a track record of managing teams, ideally in agile, entrepreneurial settings. You clearly communicate goals and delegate responsibilities, holding team members to a high standard of excellence and accountability. You coach and mentors colleagues toward growth and improvement, delivering feedback effectively; engendering a team culture of support and shared accountability
- Orientation toward systems thinking: You have a knack for building scaled team cultures rooted in the smart use of systems and technologies to drive collaboration and execution. You can set and drive the tone for systems thinking across the organization. You understand the complexities of collaboration and can shape a culture that fosters it. You can blend homegrown and 3rd party no/low-code solutions into a coherent stack. You can set the tone and model systems-thinking across an organization.
- Significant experience (likely 10+ years) related experience in a strategic and management role at a technology or technology-driven company
- Significant experience as an executive and company leader to drive company vision and product offerings
- Proven history of leading multi-disciplinary teams including but not limited to technical architects, developers, UX designers, product manager, data analysts and quality assurance analysts
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills that have enabled you to set a long term vision and strategic process in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Success in hiring, managing, developing and promoting diverse, talent to scale a complex function
- Experience guiding architecture & optimization decisions and holistically evolving a technology stack to support scale and innovation
- Track record executing in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Familiarity with and a commitment to continued learning and development in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) issues and topics through professional and/or personal spaces
- Understanding of DEI issues within the Philanthropy and Nonprofit sectors
- Experience in partnering or working with underrepresented or marginalized groups and/or the organizations that support them
- Experience in a leadership capacity advancing diversity, equity and inclusion across a department or organization
- This experience might include:
- Though prior experience in the social good sector is not required, we are seeking individuals looking to learn deeply about this space and quickly progress to become trusted experts
Though not required to apply, we’re also interested to learn more about any of the following experience:
- Saas - experience working with Saas model platform or related digital workflow tool.
- Marketplace - experience with dual-sided marketplace platforms
- Sector - experience working on digital product for nonprofit end users