Senior Data Scientist
Chronius · Remote
Join Chronius' Founding Team and Shape the Future of Patient-First Care
At Chronius, our mission is to make it as easy as possible for patients to manage their health — from diagnosis to treatment. Our chronic care concierge platform will offer patients one place to manage all of their health data, prepare for appointments, identify symptom trends and triggers, and find the right health providers and treatments. Today, managing a chronic disease can be a part-time job, but we believe it doesn’t have to be.
We’re a well-funded, early stage health tech startup building a technical team that shares with us a passion for both empowering patients and solving huge health data problems. As a founding member of our team, you will play a critical role in building our digital health platform from the ground up and help shape the future of our company.
We offer our employees very competitive compensation and equity, full benefits, unlimited PTO, and a flexible schedule. We're building a mission-driven culture, and look for innovativeness, empathy, openness to collaboration, and the ability to learn and grow in our teammates.
Role: The Senior Data Scientist will support Chronius’ efforts to build a robust personal health record system and related predictive reports. He/she will focus on creating structured data sets from unstructured personal health data derived from disparate sources. The Senior Data Scientist will be an outside the box thinker who is constantly thinking of new ways to leverage the data within the Chronius system to help patients better manage their health, whether through trend identification, new data visualizations/reports, or new data to capture from patients.
- Discover, understand, and organize disparate and/or unstructured data sources and structure them into clean data models.
- Analyze and validate data to ensure the appropriate data modeling, vocabulary, terminology, and code-set standard for representing and harmonizing healthcare data.
- Understand and examine healthcare data received from different applications/vendors and build data model/map for converting the raw healthcare data into FHIR format.
- Define and develop analytical, statistical, and machine learning algorithms for advanced analysis and prediction.
- Establish credibility and strong working relationship with the development team to integrate data and algorithms into code.
- Manage relationships with external data science contractors and/or partners.
- Master's degree in a relevant quantitative field (Statistics, Bioengineering, Math, Physics, Data Science, etc.) and 3+ years industry experience, or PhD in a relevant quantitative field. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant quantitative field and 5+ years industry experience will also be considered when coupled with a proven track record of health data expertise.
- Deep experience with healthcare data such as patient level data, claims data, and provider data. Knowledge of available health data sets a huge plus.
- Demonstrated experience building one or both of: Predictive / classification models using machine learning techniques; NLP systems using deep learning or other techniques.
- Demonstrated experience delivering successful natural language processing solutions to the marketplace.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python, as well as PyTorch and/or TensorFlow.
- Expert proficiency in at least one statistical modeling program like R, MATLAB, Octave, or SAS is a bonus.
- You’re excited about being (or becoming) a decision-maker, not just an analyst.
- You know when to look outside the data to solve problems.
- You are a self-starter with a get-it done attitude.
- Knowledge of EDI/FHIR/HL7 platforms and technologies and knowledge of health care industry standards and requirements is a bonus.
- Experience in biostatistics is a plus, including public health.
Please send your resume, and brief email explaining your interest in a role at Chronius, to [email protected] with the subject line: "Senior Data Scientist Application - Tech Jobs For Good".