Product Support Specialist
Ellevation Education · Boston, MA/Remote (US)
EducationPosted 1 month ago
We are looking for the next Product Support Specialist to join our mission of providing impactful and efficient support to our partners. The Product Support team works closely with educators, administrators and other district stakeholders to help them maximize the tools Ellevation offers to better serve their EL student population. We deliver thoughtful and efficient solutions to our partners by combining communication skills, such as active listening, with technological skills such as Excel, JIRA and SQL. Additionally, we work every day to leverage and improve our internal resources to consistently improve and scale support for our growing user base.
We are looking for:
Troubleshooters: You have a penchant for problem-solving and diagnosing the break in the chain. You approach complicated situations with a critical eye and are excited by reaching resolutions. When confronted with an issue, you are willing to spend time narrowing down possibilities to find the best solution, and can find root causes of issues as well as their concrete effects. You are eager to learn new skills in order to solve complex challenges.
Teachers: You are an efficient and empathetic communicator, able to maintain a patient and professional tone when working through challenges with others. You have a knack for breaking down complicated workflows and are able to highlight important takeaways to ensure a successful delivery with each interaction. You are able to give and receive feedback constructively. Additionally, you strive to keep our mission at the forefront of your everyday work.
Self-learners: You are forever curious and are excited by learning new things. You have a desire to continuously learn about Ellevation and our mission, technology, software products, and service behaviors. You are consistently interested in leveraging and developing your ability to adapt and stay organized in ambiguous environments.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Become familiar with Ellevation, including our organizational structure, culture and values.
- Learn about our product offerings and feel confident navigating the Ellevation platform.
- Setup and familiarize yourself with our internal tools and communication norms (Slack, GSuite, Jira/Wiki)
- Attend cross-team overviews and partner calls to further understand the teams we collaborate with and how we support our partners.
- Begin responding to simple partner requests in Zendesk with support from team members.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Start to investigate district data files and identify the root cause of issues. Partner with the data team to resolve data issues.
- Begin to respond to more complex customer requests with support from team members.
- Lead your first phone/video calls with users to gain additional context on ticket requests.
- Troubleshoot product defects and write your first bug tickets for follow up by the engineering team.
- Learn about regional compliance workflows and how they impact customer needs.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Help Implement projects to optimize workflows, develop team resources and foster cross-team collaboration
- Understand user challenges and deliver feedback and/or feature improvement requests to the proper internal teams
- Independently address workflow configuration requests and complex data troubleshooting.
- Take weekly shifts on our internal help-desk Slack channel to assist internal teams with bug troubleshooting and reporting
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Ellevation’s evolving features and offerings.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of regional workflows and timelines.
- Able to skillfully manage and prioritize a large number of requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with a wide range of user personalities and backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to clearly explain complex technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Able to respond professionally and calmly to customers in difficult or emotional situations.
- Comfortable working with technology and able to quickly learn new technologies and software tools.
- Adept at collaborating with internal teams to resolve customer requests and other issues.
- A passion for education and an interest in contributing to a mission-centered company focused on improving student outcomes.
- Previous experience and proven success in customer support or related role.
- Familiarity with Excel and/or SQL. Genuine interest and fluency in technology.
Location: Boston or Remote
Please submit a cover letter with your application.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop (We are currently working 100% remotely due to COVID-19)
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.