Full Stack Engineer
Smarter Sorting · Austin, TX
Our team supports a diverse product offering and requires more talent as more partners and customers are onboarded. This is where your development skills come into play. Features, enhancements and support requests will only continue to grow, that’s why Smarter Sorting is looking for a talented Full Stack Engineer to work toward owning highly visible customer-facing projects. This person will learn our full tech stack from backend to frontend and comfortably be able to integrate themselves into our development workflow. To be successful in this role, our Full Stack Engineer needs to be able to handle new feature requests, enhancements, technology improvements and support issues.
What You'll Be Doing
- Developing new features on integrated platforms (software running on managed hardware) for customer facing products
- Integrating UI/Frontend with backend services
- Owning feature maintenance, bug fixes, and internal tools for enabling support of customer facing products
- Handling support requests requiring engineering intervention
- Implementing transition to more scalable architecture
- Owning technical relationship with offshore team
- Working in cloud architectures, RESTful APIs, web applications and front end technologies
Your Experience + Skills
- 3+ years of full stack development experience
- BS Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Experience integrating web backend technologies with web frontend technologies
- Experience with Ruby and Vue
- Experience with Angular, Python, Postgres, Mongo a plus
- Experience with managing distributed Linux hardware a plus
- Familiar with Docker/Kubernetes, AWS, and Google Cloud
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies
Your first month
- Ramp up on all things Smarter Sorting and fully come up to speed on our tech stack
- Support integrated platform products with bug fixes and minor feature development
- Begin to manage and review offshore team work
Your first 3 months
- Own specific feature implementations across integrated platform products
- Improve support tools based on the needs of the Support team and trending issues in integrated platform products
- Provide direction and input on architecture of customer products for improvements, scaling and future growth
Your first 6 months
- Own deployment processes for integrated platform products
- Lead implementation of transitioning code into improved, scalable architecture
- Fully lead and manage all types of requests across customer facing products (new features, enhancements, bugs, support) with the ability to complete or delegate as appropriate
- Become familiar with internal tooling and data pipeline
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
Smarter Sorting is a purpose-driven company committed to increasing sustainable options for unsold or damaged products. Our cutting-edge machine learning technology enables cost-effective, compliant decisions for all unsold products, and our process advances our partners’ zero-waste goals.
As a collective group of machine learning experts, successful serial entrepreneurs, data scientists, sustainability experts, and national account program managers, our passion for data-driven sustainability drives us toward a singular goal: to reduce waste through the salvation of unwanted items. Our goal is to take valuable products currently being driven hundreds of miles and burned and have them be used for their original purpose in local communities.
At Smarter Sorting: We do what it takes. We are driven to become experts. We are not jerks. We are real. We have grit. A healthy culture is key to our company’s success and more importantly our employees’ happiness. Our core values drive our culture and in turn, we achieve our vision.
Better decisions. Better data. Greener planet. All made possible by the best people. Come join our team!
At Smarter Sorting, we understand that a workforce that includes a robust mix of genders, ages, ethnicities, religions and socioeconomic backgrounds is more likely to reflect a variety of perspectives and thought patterns - leading to more innovation, brainstorming, problem-solving and strategizing. That is why we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply."