JUST Capital · New York, NY
JUST Capital a nonprofit organization that is the leading platform for measuring and improving corporate performance in the stakeholder economy. Our mission is to build an economy that works for all Americans by helping companies improve how they serve all their stakeholders – workers, customers, communities, the environment, and shareholders. We believe that business and markets can and must be a greater force for good and that by shifting the resources of the $19 trillion private sector, we can address systemic issues at scale, including income inequality and lack of opportunity. Guided by the priorities of the public, our research, rankings, indexes, and data-driven tools help measure and improve corporate performance in the stakeholder economy. Our flagship product is America’s Most JUST Companies, which is an annual ranking of companies in the Russell 1000 Index. The top 100 companies – or the JUST 100 – are published annually through our partnership with Forbes.
JUST Capital is supported by some of the country's premier foundations, including the Ford Foundation and The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and has forged partnerships with an array of elite research institutions, including MIT, Stanford, and The Harris Poll. The organization is chaired by hedge fund manager and philanthropist Paul Tudor Jones and is led by a high-profile board.
We are looking for a highly motivated and self-manageable individual to architect and develop an enterprise data warehouse for researchers & data scientists to store, aggregate data related to rankings.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance, direction and leadership on unusual or complex problems.
- Design, implement, and support Data Models, ETLs that provide structured and timely access to large datasets.
- Build fault tolerant, self-healing, adaptive and highly accurate ETL platforms.
- Developing and maintaining programs on source systems, ETL applications, data cleansing functions, system management functions including load automation, data acquisition functions and others.
- Development of the data model(s) for the DW or a data source
- Responsible for database administration and tuning.
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model.
- Develop, institutionalize and drive best practice and architectural awareness.
(must be able to demonstrate with past experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in enterprise and open source ETL tools such as Talend or Pentaho PDI platform
- 2+ year experience in SQL with focus on Business Intelligence and Data warehousing
- 3+ year experience in Python development; focus on data engineering or data science packages like numpy, pandas, scipy, and etc.
- Working experience in designing and orchestrating Pentaho kettle transformations and jobs flows
- Proven experience of Data Architecture and Data Modeling, developing and implementing metadata and master data strategies in data warehouse and mart environments
- Thorough understanding of relational and dimensional database modeling
- Experience in ODS design, data warehouse and mart design methodologies such as Star-schema, Snowflake, designing slowly changing dimensions and fact tables
- Experience in extracting data from disparate and heterogeneous data sources like mysql, Flat files, ftp, web services, XML and weblogs into target ODS and Data warehouse
Skills that will give you an advantage over other candidates:
- Working knowledge of Amazon workflow services
- Experience in managing big data for BI and insight analytics
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of solving challenging problems in both academia and industry
JUST Capital is a small organization staff-wise and operates with a nimble, entrepreneurial mindset. As such, in addition to the above responsibilities, candidates should have professional work approaches, be self-starters, and possess well-developed organizational skills honed to allow them to be effective and resourceful in a fast-paced workplace. Further, adaptability, good colleagueship, working with cross-functional teams to deliver projects on tight deadlines, and internal community building are important attributes of the JUST Capital culture.
To be considered for this position, submit your resume and cover letter addressing why you are interested in working for a nonprofit like JUST Capital and specific skills you would bring to this role. Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
JUST Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer – people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
The compensation and benefits package at JUST Capital has been thoughtfully designed to ensure we model what we measure when it comes to just business behaviors. Benefits include:
- Best-in-class health, vision, and dental care benefits for you and your family including membership in One Medical Group for on-demand primary care and access to Health Advocate, the nation’s leading healthcare advocacy & assistance company.
- Respect for work-life balance, including a flexible work from home policy.
- 20 personal time off days, 5 sick days, as well as 15 holidays a year – and we encourage you to take them!
- Other paid time off when the office generally closes the last week of the year.
- Fully paid parental leave of up to 12 weeks.
- 401(k) retirement plan, with employer matching of 100% up to 4% of salary.
- Subsidized gym memberships, Citi Bike membership, and pre-tax commuter benefits.