Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Misfits Market · Philadelphia, PA/New York, NY
Misfits Market is a mission-driven company offering a more sustainable alternative to the traditional grocery store model. We’re a high-growth startup hyper-focused on making high-quality food more affordable for more people. Since 2018, we’ve rescued more than 170 million pounds of food and made it accessible to millions of members across the country. Fixing a broken food system isn’t easy. It requires passionate and motivated problem-solvers ready to chart the course towards a future where food waste and exorbitant food costs don’t exist.
We are now seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team, working on our Warehouse Management System platform. As a Software Engineer at Misfits Market, you will be responsible for maintaining and iterating on all parts of the platform. This system powers our inbound and outbound shipping network, inventory management, order fulfillment and many other mission critical features.
- Maintain our existing platform, which handles inbound and outbound shipping network, inventory management, order fulfillment and many other mission critical features.
- Develop flexible solutions to meet business needs, drive down technical debt and defects, and write adaptable code.
- Collaborate with the Operations Strategy team to review requirements, feasibility, and scope of new projects for the platform.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS or related degree or experience
- 4-8 years of experience developing software in a production environment
- A proven track record of working in fast-paced environments
- A solid understanding of the modern web stack
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with React
- Experience with AWS
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work location with remote availability
- Free Misfits Market subscription
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plan options
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
For CA applicants, please see here for Misfits Market's Job Applicant Privacy Notice