Homer · Remote (USA)/New York, NY
About the job
HOMER has a newly created opportunity for an exceptional Data Scientist to join our energetic, growing team. This role will report into our New York office in a hybrid capacity or can be remote based in select US locations*. However the role requires working New York hours
Reporting into our Data Science Manager, the Data Scientist will quickly and easily learn their way around a variety of data structures and technology. With access to warehouses of engagement, financial, and business operations data, this role will work with the rest of the Data Science team to develop descriptive reporting, as well as visualize data, automate associated processes, and apply predictive techniques
HOMER is the essential early learning program for kids 2-8. Powered by the HOMER Method, the most effective way for your child to learn— our expert-designed proprietary learning framework is research-backed and kid-tested to give your child the best start to their learning journey. Focused on both academic and personal skills, HOMER develops confident learners prepared for both school and life.
We are a high-growth business with an amazing set of investors. We offer competitive compensation including equity and full benefits in a creative, flexible environment that invests in professional development.
- Understand business needs across multiple tiers (for example, executive, operations and logistics, business strategy, customer acquisition and retention)
- Build deep knowledge of relevant internal and external data repositories
- Translate data into meaningful and insightful information for business users via appropriate tools
- Work collaboratively with marketing, product, finance, operations, customer success, and other departments to help answer questions and define KPIs
- Prioritize and respond to ad hoc requests for information from the business and productionalize as necessary
- Build and automate visualizations and reporting
- 2-3 years experience working as a data scientist/data analyst
- Experience working with large data sets and extracting insights from
- Strong knowledge of Python and SQL, Spark and Databricks a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools, particularly Looker
- Familiarity with AWS services such as S3 and EC2
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies and data environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to summarize key findings into clear and actionable recommendations, and to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Strong project management skills and ability to plan and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sense of urgency and an ability to multitask
- Team player and willing to pick up extra responsibilities as required
- You are enthusiastic, reliable, and hardworking
- Edtech industry experience
- Subscription-based business experience
- An understanding of machine learning and other modeling techniques
We like people who:
- Are open to suggestions, collaborative, and thrive in team environments
- Love and are willing to learn new technologies and styles
- Are scrappy, entrepreneurial with the ability to turnaround high-quality projects quickly without depending on a large team
What you'll get:
- HOMER offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits.
- Smart, passionate, and engaged co-workers.
- Excellent top-tier Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- 401k with 4% company match
- The chance to have a big impact, quickly
- The rare opportunity to make a dent in the universe. We're bringing a love of reading and learning to children globally!
- Remote Locations: AL, CA, CT, FL, GA, ID, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NE, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, WA, WY.
This role is not eligible for CO state.
HOMER is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At HOMER, we are committed to building a diverse team of talented people who are passionate about creating educational content kids love. We believe in fostering a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. At HOMER, we know that diversity, equity, and inclusion aren't just an idea, a one-time initiative, or phrases to throw into a job post: they're a daily practice and an ongoing conversation. We survey our team about inclusivity, run trainings on DEI topics, and have a committee to ensure we are all continuing to learn and grow.