Software Engineer, Product
Exponent Partners · Remote (USA)
The Software Engineer, Product at Exponent Partners is responsible for designing and developing customized solutions within the Salesforce platform using Web Services APIs, Apex (Java-like language), and client side technologies. This will involve working in the development team in an agile environment and independently. The engineer will be responsible for technical design through coding and final delivery to customers.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about serving the nonprofit sector and who have deep technical skills, product and platform architecture and design experience, strong requirements analysis and documentation capability, and excellent communication and problem solving skills.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience designing and developing robust, responsive, easy-to-use web applications and user interfaces;
- Experience with continuous integration and DevOps software development practice
- Ability to problem solve software and application issues;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment and stay self-motivated to meet deadlines;
- Experience working with diverse teams and clients;
- Web services/applications development experience with a focus on API and platform design;
- Ability to demonstrate product features, perform technical reviews, and communicate technical designs;
- Ability to foster collaboration and successfully interact internally across departments and positions, and externally with clients and stakeholders.
- 3 years’ experience with software architectures, service oriented architecture principles, and enterprise software development required;
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce CRM platforms, including work with development of custom apps into Salesforce;
- Proficiency with Apex Triggers, Visualforce, Lightning Platform, and Version Control required;
- Experience performing 3rd party integrations with Salesforce;
- At least one Salesforce Developer certification preferred;
- Experience developing custom applications on the Salesforce Force.com platform using Apex and Visualforce;
- Experience developing custom applications on the Salesforce Force.com platform using Salesforce Lightning and Salesforce DevOps Tools.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Implement new enhancements including creation and update of application features using Salesforce Apex and the Lightning framework.
- Own parts of the application and platform architecture for the ECM product, including contributing to the product roadmap and strategy.
- Create dynamic and scalable Salesforce applications that perfectly meet the evolving needs of our customers and the sector.
- Responsible for Customer Satisfaction by delivering well developed software solutions.
- Work with the Product Team to orchestrate product releases and strategy.
- Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform.
- Design, code, and implement Salesforce applications.
- Test the stability and functionality of the application through automated testing.
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs.
- Write technical documents and processes.
- Maintain the security and integrity of the application software.
- Plan and manage tasks, software development and projects for on-time, on-budget completion.
- Build and maintain integrations with custom web apps into Salesforce.
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive pay and total compensation package, including commission, a 401(K) employer match, and participation in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Excellent benefits, including employer paid health coverage, and a generous vacation policy that grows over time.
- A fun and collaborative environment full of high-caliber professionals.
- Flexible, remote work environment with zero commute time.
- Opportunities for innovation and tackling complex challenges.
Who We Are:
Exponent Partners is a passionate, mission driven, organization that exclusively serves nonprofits. We strive to be a changemaker that drives positive, progressive change using the tools at our disposal; and to build an organization that is good for our employees and that reflects the kind of values that we want to see in our community and society. We aspire to an organizational culture that is equal, diverse, curious, growth-minded, innovative, results-focused, and progressive - just like the society that we wish to be part of!
Exponent Partners is committed to building a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills because we believe diversity drives innovation and impact.