Senior DevOps Engineer
NanoString Technologies · Seattle, WA
Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
The Senior DevOps Engineer is a senior level position within NanoString’s Information Technology department. As a Senior Developer Operations Engineer you will design, implement, and maintain critical systems working across the Development and IT teams to increase productivity in the workplace. As part of a focused platform team, expect to lead developer empowerment across a rapidly expanding customer and product mix. Your ability to apply dynamic problem solving across multiple teams with disparate focus is crucial. A great candidate will possess a combination of philosophies, practices, and applied experience driving the delivery of infrastructure solutions safely and at high velocity.
- Contribute tooling used by entire development teams including documentation written from an informed customer perspective
- Work with development teams to spec and procure required infrastructure including virtual test clusters, high availability container registries, and scalable telemetry solutions
- Improve automation to expedite software delivery while developing pipelines in modern CI/CD systems
- Participate in on-call support for escalated production customers and systems
- Translate customer requirements to DevOps use and support initiatives
- Identify DevOps bottle necks in value stream and surface refined recommendations for actionable work
- Collect and use objective data to benefit our platform in areas of availability, stability, performance, and feature debug
- Be responsible for defining and collecting metrics to evaluate the health of the software development lifecycle in collaboration with key leadership in Software Development
- Embed yourself into development teams, working closely with Product Owners to better understand applied platform needs
- Embrace a passion in continuing education as a means to understand and apply valuable new solutions in your areas of impact
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- 8+ years of software development, software test, systems engineering, systems administration or equivalent experience
- Experience with using cloud services and migrating applications to cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Knowledge/experience with one or more of the following: ITIL, Processes Alerting and Automation Systems, Linux and Windows server configuration management, Scripting (PowerShell and/or bash preferred), Virtualized system management, Database administration, Network administration, Backup and Recovery technologies, Cloud infrastructure management
- Strong experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience working with various managed and self-hosted CI/CD tooling (ADO, Jenkins, Travis CI)
- Experience with containerization and virtualization technologies
- Experience with Scripting (PowerShell and Bash preferred)
- Familiar with software security best practices
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify root causes of issues
- Experience with IT Operations and Change Management
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact [email protected].