Software Engineer (Data)
Age of Learning · Glendale, CA
EducationPosted 2 months ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
Our Marketing team is seeking a full-time, in-house, mid-level data engineer. This person will be primarily focused on working with big data, generating statistical reports, creating tools and dashboards, and more. They will also be tackling a myriad of other challenges that arise every day at a fast-paced organization. If you are looking for a challenging, rewarding environment, apply today to learn more!
- Develop, test, implement, document, and support Data & Analytics systems that adhere to software engineering best practices
- Ensure testing and validation mechanisms are in place so that data transformations are verified, complete, documented, and meet SLAs
- Build new internal tools used for workflow optimization
- Optimize and maintain the data pipeline
- Effectively communicate with project managers, stakeholders, and other members of the organization
- Execute projects on tight deadlines in a fast-paced organization collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Approximately 4-6 years of data engineering experience; Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field a plus
- Able to leverage abstraction to solve complex problems
- Strong SQL skills
- Knows dimensional modeling for data warehousing
- Fluent in a general-purpose programming language (strong preference for PHP)
- Experience with Git
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (Lambda, S3, Firehose) a plus
- Experience working with Snowflake a plus
- Experience working with Python a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, balancing multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication in both technical and non-technical teams
- Strong at analyzing information and able to quickly find creative solutions to complex problems
- Good attention to detail, rigorous in self-testing code, and delivers high-quality work
- Flexible with working overtime
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment