Full Stack Engineer
Alpha Medical · Palo Alto, CA/Remote (USA)
Health & Well-BeingPosted 2 months ago
Alpha Medical is on a mission to make access to quality healthcare easy, affordable, and convenient.
Alpha Medical is seeking a full time Full Stack Engineer who is motivated, sharp, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment. We are looking for an engineer that enjoys building a fast and efficient back end with quality in mind, and a great user interface while still maintaining code quality.
Remote available only within US.
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work/educational experience
- 2 or more years of experience working in web development/software engineering
- Experience working on both the frontend and backend of a web application
- Must be comfortable working in a backend framework (Flask, Express, Rails, etc.)
- Must be comfortable working in a frontend framework (React, Vue, etc.)
- Must be comfortable creating and styling web components with HTML and CSS
- Comfortable with communicating with a backend REST API
- Experience with relational databases and designing data models
- Able to quickly interpret UI mockups and code interfaces quickly
- Able to write, understand, and collaborate on technical specs, documentation, and testing
- Able to communicate project goals and timelines to leadership/management team
- Experience with task management platforms such as Asana or JIRA
Nice to haves
- Frontend experience with Typescript and React
- Backend experience with Python, Flask, Celery, SQLAlchemy, and Postgres
- Strong familiarity with best practices for SEO, ADA compliance and web performance optimization
- Experience with managing infrastructure in AWS
- Experience or a desire to work in Healthcare/Telemedicine
- Competitive salary
- Equity grant
- 401(k) retirements savings plan (with matching contributions)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation time
- Ability to work remotely
- Equipment stipend for home office
About the Engineering Team
The engineering team is a small and nimble group that takes a structured agile approach to build and update our telemedicine platform iteratively and efficiently. We meet daily for short standup meetings and once a week for extended planning meetings. We release updates once a week and work very closely with all departments of the company including clinical operations, customer success, marketing, as well as the executive team.
Although all of our engineers tend to code and test independently, we strive to collaborate as much as possible. This includes, but is not limited to, code reviews, planning sessions, pair programming, and tech debt backlog grooming. We develop software primarily in Python (Flask) on the back end and Typescript (React) on the front end.
About Alpha Medical
Alpha Medical is an exciting startup based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Together, we have developed a fully HIPAA-compliant, asynchronous telemedicine solution that streamlines and enables an accessible and convenient way for both uninsured and insured patients to obtain care for a growing number of medical conditions.
Patients are ready for healthcare delivery that matches the accessibility they’ve come to expect from other service sectors, and Alpha is putting that capability in their hands. We diagnose and treat a growing list of medical conditions covering Primary & Urgent Care, Reproductive Health, and Mental Health. Patients access the service through our mobile and desktop-friendly website. We currently provide care via telemedicine in over 40 states with plans to continue our state expansion.