Senior Software Engineer
OCLC · Dublin, OH
You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with full-stack development, Angular front-end (or similar framework) and REST API experience to join our team!
- Learn – Develop and demonstrate understanding of product requirements and user needs in the context of business goals. Collaborate in problem solving.
- Self-manage – Align personal daily and weekly priorities and efforts with team goals and needs.
- Communicate and Teach – Proactively communicate about time, tasks, team member needs. Helps stakeholder understand the work. Help and teach others on the team; share knowledge.
- Define and Design – Contribute to solution design and problem solving with team and customer. Refine and improve on designs.
- Develop and Integrate – Demonstrate efficient use of coding language best practices, tools, and techniques including development and support of 3rd party integrations.
- Promote Standards – Adopt and advance team-wide use of application standards (Security, Accessibility, etc.) and best practices.
- Advocate for Quality – Advance team quality and documentation, participate in testing.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline required.
- 5 years of software development, five years of JAVA programming required
- Experience with the following technologies is a must -- JAVA, Object Oriented Design and front-end web application frameworks such as Angular or React/Redux (Angular experience a plus).
- Experience maintaining websites developed using common gateway interface (CGI) technology and migrating functionality to Angular or other web app frameworks.
- Must demonstrate experience working within Agile Scrum (or similar) methodologies.
- Experience with Linux required.
- Familiarity with unit testing, integration testing and performance/stress testing
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting Rest API frameworks strongly desired.
- Experience building and maintaining development pipelines with Jenkins, XL Release, QuickBuild (or similar) required.
- Experience with web app internationalization and translation technologies like Smartling is strongly desired.
- Experience with MySQL and SOLR is strongly desired.
- Ability to read mysql stored procedures and perl is a plus.
- Dutch or German language fluency a plus.