Cloud and Infrastructure Administrator / Architect (CIA)
United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW) · Washington, DC
The Cloud and Infrastructure Administrator will be responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring, and maintaining the organization’s computing and operating systems as assigned. This includes analyzing, diagnosing, trending, monitoring, and resolving intermediate to complex problems or issues relating to cloud services and on-premises platforms. The Cloud and Infrastructure Administrator should have a wide breadth of experience with technical disciplines that include, among others: Cisco, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office 365, Exchange troubleshooting and protection, VMware, Active Directory management, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy & Systems Management, Storage, Backup & Disaster Recovery solutions and systems monitoring. The CIA should have excellent written and verbal communications skills and be able to communicate complex industry terminology to executive-level, non-IT upper-level management.
The position will be in our Washington, DC office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, and day-to-day operation of all computer systems and communications networks in the organization.
- Assists in formulating organizational IT strategy and long-term IT planning.
- Specifies requirements for solutions (RFPs), analyzes vendor responses, and creates recommendations for new products and services.
- Deploy and maintain cloud-based and on-prem physical and virtual network infrastructure.
- Install and administer both Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Support implementation of Active Directory and necessary synchronization with hybrid cloud.
- Works with Information Security Officer to develop & deploy security-related infrastructure changes.
- Deploy and maintain database engines that support application infrastructure.
- Install, configure, and maintain all Cisco equipment and software in the organization:
- Configure and monitor switches, routers, and firewalls
- Network and VPN connectivity
- Maintenance of accurate hardware and software inventory
- Administration and support of cloud-based resources and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications.
- Research, installation, and ongoing monitoring of Internet access devices (routers, firewalls, etc.).
- Troubleshooting mail-flow and security-related email tracking.
- Provides Level 3 support to the Coordinator of Technical Services and Director/Assistant Director of Network Services. Provides occasional Level 2 support to Network Administrators / Helpdesk team in resolving end-user issues with applications and technologies.
- Utilizes strong working knowledge of network services to support network operations. This includes troubleshooting Network latency & availability, DHCP servers, local DNS, external name resolution issues, AD replication, and VPN connectivity.
- Monitor and maintain the health of on-premises and cloud-based Microsoft Active Directory (AD).
- Installation, support, and troubleshooting with VMWare to create and edit VM’s, deploy templates, configure hosts with common storage, perform VM edits, NSX, and HCX disaster recovery.
- Exercise expert troubleshooting skills and knowledge to resolve complex or difficult user issues.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and/or activities simultaneously.
- Responsible for the design, acquisition, configuration, deployment, and onsite support of a remote office setup used at various extended remote events, meetings, and conventions.
- Leads efforts in resolving after-hours technical issues.
- Leads efforts in after-hours work and maintenance on servers and infrastructure hardware.
- Serves as a role model and mentor to Network Support staff.
- Updates and maintains network documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field required. Minimum 5 years’ experience working as an Infrastructure Administrator in a Cisco and VMware shop required.
- Ongoing education and certification, including trade shows, is required to keep job-related skills current.
- Familiarity with configuration & administration of the following technologies: Windows Servers, SQL Server, Active Directory, WinSCP, Cisco routers, switches, and ASA security appliances, Cisco Prime, ISE, Umbrella, FirePower, Stealthwatch, Cloudlock, AMP, AnyConnect, VMware vSphere (including NSX, HCX), and Barracuda load balancers. Some Linux experience is beneficial.
- Ability to comprehend vendor technical manuals. Ability to define the problem, collect data, establish facts, and draw proper conclusions. Then relay those conclusions in a user-friendly way.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high level of personal integrity.
- Ability to absorb, understand, and assimilate new technologies, and develop procedures regarding emerging technologies to other key UFCW staff members is critical for this position.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Must have initiative and be able to work on long, complex projects without supervision.
- Must be able to use discretion, follow department protocol, handle a wide range of sensitive situations, and recognize when to refer to a higher level.
- Must be organized and work quickly and accurately under deadlines. Must be able to work professionally and effectively with department staff and staff at all levels of the organizations as well as external contacts and vendors.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- This position requires the ability to lift, unpack, install, and maintain computer hardware components weighing up to 50 lbs.
Applicable Certifications (or equivalent experience):
MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, VCP
*Datacenter or Network virtualization preferred
COMPENSATION: Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
DURATION: Full-time position; posting closes when position is filled.
UFCW is committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified people of all backgrounds to apply. UFCW is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).