Senior Product Manager
BookNook · Remote (USA)
EducationPosted 2 months ago
BookNook is a dual bottom line education technology company that is committed to closing the early reading opportunity gap through innovations that prioritize authentic human connections to support learning. We believe the best edtech solutions are developed and supported by people with their roots in the classroom or the social sector, and we strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Strategy: Understand the voice of the customer and competitive landscape to drive a K-8 Math portfolio strategy that delivers measurable business results (revenue growth, customer acquisition, and retention). Partner with platform technology group to prioritize K-8 Math development to drive innovation while managing expectations across a diverse set of stakeholders. Oversee multi-year portfolio plans through all stages of the product life cycle, including solution design, implementation, iterations, maintenance, and sunsetting.
Product Execution: Lead a cross-functional team to conceptualize, create, and deliver a market-winning solution that aligns tightly with customer requirements. Determine user experience improvements through data analysis, interviews, and product testing. Leverage standard/enterprise technologies and push technology and product boundaries to improve product quality, performance, and user experience. Define and prioritize product requirements throughout product development and versioning in every format of product delivery, including maintaining and grooming a backlog of features and bugs.
Market and Customer Knowledge: Market awareness including knowledge of customer needs and decision criteria, command of the competition and efficacy practices, and the ability to create value propositions to establish a winning sales and market advantage. Work with product marketing to create collateral, sales/customer enablement, and internal training materials.
Business and Financial Acumen: Develop and present business cases that drive product value, including timelines, financials, and product requirements to obtain funding approvals. Manage overall financial and product performance, including revenue, profit, and loss through the product lifecycle—from strategic planning to market launch to product retirement.
Leadership Qualities: Exhibit strong leadership skills in product decision making and guiding cross-functional team alignment, to develop a strong team of product leaders. Establish an environment of creativity while maintaining discipline, productivity, and accountability. Communicate product updates to internal and external stakeholders. Work with multiple teams across the company to solicit product ideas.
- 5+ years of product management experience at a software company, ideally for K-12 educational math software.
- Proven ability to build and lead strong teams; to inspire, influence, and negotiate at all levels of the organization.
- Practical business sense, fiscal skills, and comfort with accountability; understanding of the economics and dynamics of the industry.
- Strong project management skills including building and managing project plans, managing & communicating risks, and ensuring project alignment with business goals.
- Highly organized and proficient with Agile methodologies, with product management tools, software engineering process, and writing and managing a backlog of requirements in the form of user stories.
- Detail-oriented and strong writing skills and an eye for design.
- Demonstrated understanding of classroom realities, recent shifts in curriculum standards and assessment, as well as anticipated market developments.
- Mathematics product development leadership; developing business plans, performing market analysis and building/managing budgets; developing and selling products in large state/district adoption opportunities.
Join a company with a mission. BookNook has been around since 2016, is growing fast, and has already helped tens of thousands of children improve their literacy, especially those that come from the most disadvantaged environments. We're a scrappy, smart team that gets things done but we are strong believers in family, friends, and work-life balance. Work on exciting technology and make a tangible difference in the world every day.